Project Type: New Construction
Build Investment: 2.1-2.2M
Square Footage Calculations:
New Conditioned-- 2,789 sf
Non-Conditioned-- 1,038 sf
Total-- 3,827 sf
PROJECT BACKGROUND & OBJECTIVES:
Laura and Nathan are ready to build their forever home on their existing property in Central Austin. The existing home is to be demolished, with their top priority being to preserve the majority of their backyard oasis while modernizing it to fit their needs. They are particularly interested in an exterior design that blends with the rest of the neighborhood. Their needs include a 4 bedroom 4.5 bath home, outdoor space to entertain, and a 2 car garage. The floor plan should include 2 upstairs bedrooms with their own ensuites, a downstairs guest bedroom with an accessible bathroom, and a living room that is slightly separated from the kitchen and dining, while maintaining a sense of openness.
Goals by Priority:
1. Demolish the existing house and maintain as much of the rear exterior landscape retaining walls.
2. Program and design to be aligned with budget without compromising good thorough design and construction quality.
3. The living room is separated from the dining and kitchen spaces, with accessibility to outdoor spaces. Includes planning and placing specific existing furniture pieces along with a large antler trophy.
4. A small den on the second floor along with 2 secondary bedrooms, each having its own ensuite. The primary bedroom and an additional guest bedroom with a dual access guest bathroom, are located on the first floor, all with an ADA accessible approach.
5. A 2 car garage and a generous rear covered patio would be very nice to have for Nathan.
PROJECT DELIVERABLES: WHAT’S IN?
•Demolition of the existing house while keeping as much of the existing rear retaining walls intact, and preparing for a new 2-story home. Includes removing a small portion of the existing driveway (to tie into new foundation) and a small portion of the lowest existing retaining walls and stairs, to accommodate a proposed covered porch.
•New construction, two-story single-family residence with a 2 car garage, screenporch, and covered patio. Includes certain upgraded MEP systems such as, ev chargers in garage, a transfer switch for future generator, and a whole house dehumidifier. Including upgrade of water meter from 5/8" to 3/4"
•Site work includes the demolition and addition of a new paver with decomposed granite and metal edge walkway from the edge of the driveway to the main entry. Wood fence on both side yards to connect to existing perimeter fence, include (2) pedestrian wood gate. Along with an uncovered decomposed granite with corten steel edge area adjacent to the screen porch. Includes corten steel planters in the rear yard on either side of the new steps
•Rear site work includes any required patchwork of existing retaining walls that are to connect to the proposed covered patio slab/retaining walls, along with the addition of one new stair access point to existing top retaining walls.
PROJECT EXCLUSIONS: WHAT'S OUT?
•Design services are excluded.
•Consultant services, along with any regulatory fees (geotech, structural, permitting, sidewalk fees, ESPA fees, etc)
•Existing driveway and apron to remain with exception of portion that is to be tied into new house slab.
•All existing retaining walls located in the front, side, and rear yard are to remain, with the exception of the aforementioned.
•Any fees associated with the water meter upgrade.