We all want a home we can be proud of. The problem is renovation projects can get lost amidst the busy, booming construction market. We're looking out for you, and we can help!
We make it easy with a three step, turnkey, process for renovations:
Discovery includes all the initial project documentation and developing the initial schematic design for the project. The purpose of Discovery is to quickly get ideas down and arrive at the best fitting scope for your wishlist. We design to a known budget.
● Approx. $2,000 for your matterport scan + as built drawings and a 3-D model of the existing home (varies slightly depending on project)
● Home Build Evaluation
● Schematic design (we present 1-2 schemes)
● Revise design based on client feedback
Design Investment: $8,500
2.RENOVATION DESIGN + PLANNING
Design and Planning is where we put together all of the documents and drawings required for permitting and construction. Here we finalize your design and put together a construction budget with bids and some allowances. We will present the budget and discuss whether or not any adjustments need to be made before proceeding.
● Fixed fee for required engineering services for permitting and design (starting at. $800, increases with a 2 story house or large wall removal)
● Once approved, we develop:
- Interior elevations
- Finish plan
- Lighting plan
- Select details as required for construction
- Coordinate structural details with our engineer as required.
- Develop your permitting drawings and fill out your permit application.
● Once design is complete, we develop a construction bid after visiting your home with our estimating team.
- The bid will include quotes from trades (MEP + framing, foundation etc)
- Any custom finish work will be assigned an allowance
- Finishes (tile, countertops, light fixtures, plumbing fixtures, accessories) will be assigned allowances.
Design Investment: 10% of construction cost
3.CONSTRUCTION & FINAL SELECTIONS
With permits in hand and a fixed fee contract for construction we’re all set up for a smooth build process. Craft is monitored and subcontractor coordination is managed from start to finish ensuring a top quality renovation.
During permitting and the first month of construction, our design team will work to finalize details and selections. We’ll look at examples as needed with you and present options for plumbing, lighting, and material selections. Cabinetry layouts will also be finalized and signed off on by the clients.
● If selections (ex: I gotta have it!) exceed the allowances they can be included and a change order will be approved for the difference (due at signing) by the Homeowners so orders can be made.
Design Investment: Included in above fees