Project Type: Remodel
Build Investment: 320-370K
PROJECT BACKGROUND & OBJECTIVES
Julia and Greg have lived in their home for 16 years. They are focused on remodeling the kitchen, dining, and living room; opening up the spaces to create a more functional layout that will suit their everyday needs. Julia and Greg would love to brighten up these areas by adding larger windows that overlook the backyard. They are also interested in a few upgrades extending beyond the main living spaces, including new tile flooring on the entire first floor, except for the bedrooms and baths, and new baseboards throughout.
Design Goals by Priority:
- Open up the kitchen and rework layout to have better flow to the dining and living spaces; add an island with seating.
- Add larger windows on the rear wall for more natural light, with better access to the pool area.
- New flooring in all main spaces and hallway, excluding bathroom and bedrooms.
- Replace primary bedroom door to match the new proposed exterior door from living
- Upgrade the laundry room with casework to match the kitchen.