Project Type: Remodel/addition
Build Investment: 400K for Phase 1, no cap for full vision
xx and xx have lived in their home on Avenue C for two and a half years. The home is cozy and charming with plenty of space, but there are some quirks and stylistic challenges that currently keep the home from working super well for their lifestyle and some clearly underutilized sq. ft. that they’d like to better use. They plan to stay here for the long haul (20+ years) and want to establish a long term vision for the home and property that they can work toward over time. They love hosting and want a home that better supports small group gatherings and overnight guests and would like a plan to clarify the style of the home (fully open OR cozy historical feel). The most important phase one scope is remodeling the kitchen, however, they’d like to better understand how this project fits into their larger vision and plan to do work in a way that doesn’t require undoing.
Design Goals by Priority:
-Remodel the kitchen
-Relocate the laundry upstairs.
-Create a comfortable guest suite.
-Provide more natural light from the backyard.
-Convert screen porch into conditioned space.
PROJECT DELIVERABLES: WHAT’S IN?
- Remodel of the kitchen, guest bathroom, and relocate the new ventless washer and dryer stackable unit upstairs., relocate the half bathroom and convert the screened porch to a conditioned living room (Phase 1).
PROJECT EXCLUSIONS: WHAT'S OUT?
- Remodel of the future dining room, office and gym. (Phase 2)
- Any foundation work to the existing home.
- Design services are separate from the BP1 estimate.
- Consultant services (structural, geotechnical, etc) are separate from the BP1 estimate.
- Regulatory fees (permitting, sidewalk fee in lieu, etc) are separate from the BP1 estimate.